dealing with others who dont understand why i dress up

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Victoria K.
Miss Emerald Goddess

dealing with others who dont understand why i dress up

Post by Victoria K. »

Wish others would just take me as i am instead of rejecting what i do.Others having that same problem here?
Spreading the love that the world desperately needs and being true to yourself. ❤
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: dealing with others who dont understand why i dress up

Post by Ms. Erin »

Hmm... nah not so much. At first yes I noticed people talking about me, but that has become less of a concern. Only at work I don't feel 100% understood. But I don't care anymore. Now I do have to say at work I went from male to female identity overnight. I came out as transgender, my cross-dressing at first was limited to clubs at night or of-course at home. The very next day after I came out at work I pierced my ears and got gel nails, and dressed feminine :)

Erin
I am a woman of trans experience.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

The world has gotten a lot better, but there are still a lot of closed minded people in this world. Since I am a CDer , I am not coming out to everyone, so I am picky on who I come out to.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

John
Do you like vapers, smokers, drinkers, hunters? Do you understand why anyone does some of the odd things they do? Nope and nope. People are going like what they want, understand what they want and can. Do you understand why you dress? Not everyone who does understands.

You just have to take people for who they are and you just need to stay a positive role model both as a person and as part of the trans community. Not all my friends like me dressing in front of them so I simply don't. It's not a whole lot different than if they asked me not to smoke in their house. It doesn't mean they don't like me or that I can't bend the rules now and then.

All that said, I understand your frustration, but it's just what life offers us for now. Don't force your fem self on them, but that doesn't mean you can't slowly get them used to the whole you with conversations and little things done to your attire. Some people will just never accept you; maybe those people shouldn't have any value in your life. I could care less if a perfect stranger doesn't like me as long as that person leaves me alone.
{squeezes}
Davita
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Sometimes acceptance is a hard thing to acquire. Just be yourself and enjoy life day to day. Forcing the issue does not achieve the results we seek.
Requal
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Affirmation and acceptance are things I as a crossdresser do wish to find from those first close to me who still do not know of Lacey and by extension others including society. I think most of us look and hope for that as what we do harms nobody. What level of affirmation and acceptance I may find as time passes and my confidence to be just me as Lacey, well remains to be seen.

But my crossdressing is and must always be FIRST FOR ME! I have lived my life through both extremes of love of who I am and my femme side and also utter hate for who I am and my femme side, all along slushing around between these extremes. I have to dress for my life, sanity and satisfaction. When I'm in my femme mindset I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER! I love the feminine and yes even sexy feelings I get from crossdressing up to and including dressing all out as Lacey.

My future is one where I do wish to move to finding a greater understanding, acceptance and affirmation of my femme. crossdressing side by others. That will only help me and my outlook and balance of my male side which is my daily and regular side as well as my feminine side including just being Lacey.
:yes: :coffee: :sigh:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Angie G
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Angie G »

my wife is the only one who knows of angie so I don't deal with others about dressing as a girl. When I go out I do wear underwear it's all I need (--)
Angie
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Victoria K. wrote:Wish others would just take me as i am instead of rejecting what i do.Others having that same problem here?
That, Victoria is a loaded question...

Personally, I'm not so worried about what others think as much as I would hope to have acceptance from those closest to me.

Having said that, I haven't really told anybody about Lexi except my GF. She tried to accept at first, but after a time, just couldn't. I think things would have been totally different for me if she had, meaning that as long as she accepted, it wouldn't have mattered what anybody else thought. But really... why can't we all just get along? :huh: