If there was a "cure" would you do it?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: If there was a "cure" would you do it?

Post by Stephanie M »

Stephanie M wrote:Yes when I first discovered I was different I did wish I could be like everyone else.
I have more to say on this and will tonight when I can post using my laptop it's easier than trying to do it on my phone.
To continue with my answer, when I first realized I was different in this way, I wasn't sure how to deal with it. It started off as a fetish and wasn't much more than that until I was older. As I said in another post I really didn't want to be like my father so I did everything I could to deny that part of me. What made it tougher was I was a loner, still am in some ways, and the music I liked was stuff that no one ever heard of, so I really wanted to be "normal" in at least one way. Flash forward to today and I'm actually kind of proud of being different in all my different ways. It took years to accept what I am and now that I've reached that I really would not want to go back.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Anne Bonny wrote:I did not ask myself I suppose I was too young and did not recognize or understand it for what it is.

In fact, I am 59 years old and it took me most of those years to figure everything out so that I am finally where I am. That is horrible and due to many different reasons but most all of us are never offered nor do we realize for ourselves and if we do would ourselves be too fearful and embarrassed to even go talk to a psychiatrist or to any kind of counselor about any of this who could help us.
Yes being fearful to talk about it can really be damaging. My first wife and I tried counseling for a few weeks but I couldn't bring myself to speak about my cross dressing which totally defeated the purpose of going.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Stephanie M wrote:Do your feelings ever fluctuate on this or are you at full acceptance?
They did. All the time. At times, I would just be asking myself "what the H--L am I doing!?!?! It was weird to go from such a wonderful, feminine feeling to one that was so bad. Made me a little sick... but overtime, I've come to accept, love and embrace this side of me. I wouldn't want that to change. As I get older, I find my fem side becoming more of a part of me and defining me as a whole. I love, love, love it!!! @@9@@

I've fully accepted Lexi into my life. Now I'm just left wondering "why did it take so long?" LOL! :lol:
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I believe I am heading in the same direction Lexi.
The brief moments of doubt seem to be getting fewer. I do worry that if I go too deep into this it may end up annoying my wife, but she knows how I am, I easily get obsessed with things then they tend to even out a little more over time. She's been supportive and even has said she sees confidence in me now, which is not exactly one of Steve's strong suits. :mrgreen:
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Would I take the cure if it were available. . No. .

Would I have chosen to be a crossdresser if I knew what I know now, that funky summer day back in '73 when I first put on a bikini? No. . .

As always BUT. . . .

I am not so sure that a person could not be reprogramed to not engage in, enjoy or otherwise crossdress. The reason I say that. . . Remember that crossdressing requires apparently some sort of incentive to engage in the behavior a second time AND constant reinforcement. That old Stimulus-Response conditioning. Learned behavior can be unlearned. . sorta. . .

Consider how some people required 427 attempts to quit smoking, while others just thought about it for a while and then abruptly quit. . cold turkey. . and never restarted. Why so easy for some and so difficult for others? But then, heck, why are there so few Beethoven's, or Einsteins? but so many DA's like me?

How many people after strokes have relearned to speak, move, or eat? totally relearned behavior.

Their is a certain degree of plasticity of the human brain. Is it possible, I think so. Have we mastered the how to of the issue? NO. . .

Perhaps its all done with secret handshakes and funny hats. . .
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Would I take the cure if it were available. . No. .

Would I have chosen to be a crossdresser if I knew what I know now, that funky summer day back in '73 when I first put on a bikini? No. . .

As always BUT. . . .

I am not so sure that a person could not be reprogramed to not engage in, enjoy or otherwise crossdress. The reason I say that. . . Remember that crossdressing requires apparently some sort of incentive to engage in the behavior a second time AND constant reinforcement. That old Stimulus-Response conditioning. Learned behavior can be unlearned. . sorta. . .

Consider how some people required 427 attempts to quit smoking, while others just thought about it for a while and then abruptly quit. . cold turkey. . and never restarted. Why so easy for some and so difficult for others? But then, heck, why are there so few Beethoven's, or Einsteins? but so many DA's like me?

How many people after strokes have relearned to speak, move, or eat? totally relearned behavior.

Their is a certain degree of plasticity of the human brain. Is it possible, I think so. Have we mastered the how to of the issue? NO. . .

Perhaps its all done with secret handshakes and funny hats. . .
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Way back 100 years ago when I started dressing I would not have taken a cure.
10-20 years later--yes I definitely would have, I purged and purged, i said to myself how much time I was wasting. At that time i was dressing maybe 8 hours a week. I just wasted a whole day.
Now retired, and so much thanks to the computer, and realizing that I am not alone in my feelings, I would never want to give it up.
I only wish I could openly express my self more.
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Wesley wrote: I am not so sure that a person could not be reprogramed to not engage in, enjoy or otherwise crossdress. The reason I say that. . . Remember that crossdressing requires apparently some sort of incentive to engage in the behavior a second time AND constant reinforcement. That old Stimulus-Response conditioning. Learned behavior can be unlearned. . sorta. . .

I agree with that assessment that is why I phrased my question the way I did as a "cure".
I imagine we could be reprogramed but the psychological damage would probably be disastrous.
And I personally would rather dress in women's clothes and be content than to be traumatized and only wear men's clothes.
Besides I have zero pairs of men's underwear and I really don't want to buy any. :mrgreen:
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Hanna wrote: I purged and purged, i said to myself how much time I was wasting. .
Oh yeah the good old purge, lucky for me I never purged anything expensive the 100000 times I've done so.
Well, we all have a face
And we take them out
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

Hi sisters,

If there was a "cure" I wouldn't use it. My girlness is a great deal of what makes life springlike, delightful and fun for me. My transgenderism is a gift—that's my view of the matter.

Love, Marissa Mae