Greatest fear when dressed in public?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Greatest fear when dressed in public?

Post by Debbie Jean »

I'll kick this one off (no pun intended) by saying my greatest fear is dropping a pad in public. I never thought too much about that until I saw a cheer leader accidentally do that at a football game that I was at earlier this fall. She was understandably totally mortified by the experience. OK, so I don't wear my cheerleader costume in public, nor do I jump up and down or do splits in mid-air in public either, however it still could happen. I mean it's a fact of life that certain styles of panties are better at holding onto a pad than others are.

"nuff said, so what is your greatest fear?
Deb
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Greatest fear when dressed in public?

Post by Davita »

My greatest fear in public? Being beat up by ignorant people who feel they have the right to judge anyone. Otherwise, I basically have no fear as I am crazy that way; plus I haven't had a reason to be fearful as I have always been mainstream and have always gotten by.
{squeezes}
Davita
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Being dressed in public is my greatest fear. :mrgreen:
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Deb, are you wearing pads? And why? That would be embarrassing to have one drop out, but I didn't have to worry about that. Never was a cheer leader.

One of our CD friends had a form pop out at a bowling event, five feet past the foul line!

I have two related fears. One in that hubby will be recognized by someone we know, or she will be 'read' and publically humiliated.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I true admire and respect all you wonderful girls who have the courage and confidence to go out in public dressed. You are terrific.

I do not at this time (or ever) seeing Requal having the confidence or courage to go out in public. She is terrified of being outed by someone she knows.
Requal
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

A fear no not this time a slipping petticoat, till I had to drop it and pick it up and carry on as though nothing was amiss. having a bit lower blouse and bend over and ooops my breasts were looking out, tough stood up and carry on .oh tights slipping down walking down the road pulling them up .

wind blowing so hard and lose of head wear, then an other time Dressed for our Edwardian group and yes wind took my wide rimmed hat for a trip one of our men picked it up and then one bad hair day, some 15 of us so now I take a scarve over my hat and sorry wind your not having two goes,

Once a slipping skirt and start tripping over it, the better one, wind lifted my skirt up and oh knickers to be seen by all.
In our Edwardian most of us are women so we know what its like wide long dress,s or skirts hats and yes we all have our moments. just life for us.

...noeleena...
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Lets see,
I have lost a butt pad somewhere in Home Depot, someone had an interesting find.
I had a slip fall getting out of the car in a Target parking lot, stepped out of it and put it in my purse. Put it back on in the restroom.
I had a slip partly fall while shopping, duck behind a rack and do the wiggle to pull it up
On a very windy day I had my long skirt blow up over my head, quickly pulled it down.

I think my greatest fears are being out and about is either being beat up by some non accepting
person, or being outed to the community I live in by some non accepting person. And the outing to the community is not so much of a fear for me as I could deal with that. But my wife and kids are here and they would have to live with the comments. They are not at the same point of acceptance that I am at. So while they still struggle with my CDing they do not need comments from others adding to their fears.

Requal, going out and about is not for everyone. For each of us CDers what CDing is to us is different and specific to us as an individual. I will not push anyone else to get out and about while enfemme. But if you want to get out and about I will help and encourage you. If you do not want to get out and about enfemme I respect that is who you are and what you want.

kimbers cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Davita wrote:My greatest fear in public? Being beat up by ignorant people who feel they have the right to judge anyone. Otherwise, I basically have no fear as I am crazy that way; plus I haven't had a reason to be fearful as I have always been mainstream and have always gotten by.
Sorry, I had to quote the whole thing because that is my answer as well.

Ok, and not being "out" ("going out" and "being out" are not the same!) yeah, some fear of being recognized. Not because of me, but because it may be used to hurt my family.

Gaby
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Great fear? Can I list three?

1. Being "outed" or "beaten up" by an intolerant person(s).
2. Being recognized by someone I know.
3. Needing to use the facilities.

I don't want to bring up the bathroom issue again, but it is a concern that I have. So, just like any other fears, I try to plan as best as possible to not put myself in a positon where any of those fears could happen. Plan to eliminate (or at least reduce) the risk.