Do you drive a Chic Car?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

LeeAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Do you drive a Chic Car?

Post by LeeAnne »

Just wondering does anybody drive a chic car?

I saw a great big man get out of a little red two door convertible, and thought that guys driving a chic car! Then I realized that I do too! I drive a compact SUV that is little and light blue, and my wife drives a big full size SUV. Mine seems little and cute, and hers is big dark grey and looks like it ought to be in a presidential motorcade! I also notice we drive hers more than mine, and she most often drives.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Do you drive a Chic Car?

Post by Estefania »

Drove a "mommy van" for years.

Now I drive a "cross-over". Isn't that a good match for a "cross-dresser"? :lol:

Gaby
Steve
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Steve »

I drive vehicle I like and works for me. Nice Fem Ram 3500 4x4 with Quad Cab and 8ft Bed. All 8500Lbs of it. That way I get to go 1st at 4 way stops.

Actually got tired of hauling home lumber for Wife's Wood Shop Hobby and having to tie it in small PU truck (Ranger).
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Chick car? I don't think so; I'm either in a 10 year old lifted Jeep (built for rock crawling) or a new Outback.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Define "chic car." It seems everyone drives what they like. At one point I defined a chic car based on how often I saw a woman driving a model vs a guy driving it. I'm not sure that cars are so obviously segregated that way any more. You girls are telling me the little cars are being driven by big guys and big cars are being driven by women. Well you get my drift.

Anyway, if you look inside my car, I think based on what's in it you would assume it was a female driver. I have the customary booster seat for my granddaughter, I have a pink "junk bag" and there are other little things that I don't think men have in their "manly" cars.
{squeezes}
Davita
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Have always had a "Soccer-Mom" van.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

Do I drive a chick car? Of course I do, its my car and I am a chick! #-o

I am not really sure what a chick car is anymore. I have seen women driving Jeeps and 4 WD pick ups and men driving cute little economy cars. I think what one drives is more a case of what they can afford that fits their needs. In my case it is a used small SUV that gets good gas mileage, has room to haul things back and forth from the apartment I live in when attending school to my Mother's place which is technically my legal residence. It also has 4WD for the Michigan winters. In my case that is my chick car.
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I drive a Ford F-150. I bought it for a job I had to haul stuff.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

If I go by a chic car being what a lady drives--I guess I have one, but I like my Chrysler T&C.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

My first vehicle was BSA 650 lightning motorcycle, I moved on from the that to a hotrod with flathead hemi with three deuces. Then I got practical an bought chevy impala which I took the the 283 out of and put in a 396 with a Hurst competition plush shifter. About that same time I bought Harley Davidson electra glide.

I did have once upon a time a mazda rx7, not sure how "girly" that would be considered but I had a job where I drove 500 to a 1000 miles a week and I wanted something more economical than my chevy pickup. The mazda ran like a scalded dog but everything else about it was junk.

Now I drive a chevy crew cab pickup, before that I drove a chevy extended cab pickup and before that I drove a regualar chevy pickup. My next vehicle will be just to change things up a bit a GMC pickup.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Burgundy 2016 Mustang GT convertible, does that qualify as a chick car?
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

Hi all,
Just thought I'd make you all drool a bit by telling you what I used to drive "back in the day" courtesy of a cut-and-paste from my autobiography.

Here goes:
I began feverishly saving practically every penny I could get my hands on, trying to “beat the clock” by getting enough money together to buy a new car before my tired old ’55 Chevy gave up the ghost. At that point my ’55 Chevy was put together with “bubble gum and bailing wire”. I saved up enough money to the point that I could get a new car and get by with only financing $1000. This time I really did it up big—a brand new ‘64 Pontiac GTO with all the optional “goodies”. That turned out to be the premier muscle car that defined that decade. That was the best car I ever owned or ever hoped to own—a real fire breather, a very sudden automobile to put it mildly. Driving the GTO, I took Pike’s Peak in 12:33 in the spring of ’65, and again in 12:39 in the summer of ‘70. So with 5 years of wear and 80,000 additional miles of driving, I only lost 6 seconds! That is why I say that the “goat” was the best car I ever owned or ever hoped to own. As the old song said: “three deuces and a four speed and a three eighty-nine”.

So also I drove a "chic" car several years ago. I had a Saturn when they first came out. That was when only women seemed to be driving them. It was only in later years (after I got rid of the Saturn) that M & W seemed to own them about equally.

Presently I'm driving 2016 Chevy Equinox. I appreciated the remark that Gabi Romani made concerning cross-over/cross-dresser. Is the Equinox even a cross-over? Not too sure. Definitions of SUV and cross-over are a little fuzzy in my mind. I guess I would call all of them station wagons. OK, I know that dates me, but I believe no one need be ashamed of or apologize for their age (or lack of it), simply because nobody can control when they're born.

Enough for now.

hugs,
Deb
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

If you define an old lady car a chic car then yes I do drive a chic car. Buick Century :mrgreen: .
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I do have a Triumph Spitfire which as been acknowledged as a woman's sports car....but If I were willing to open the purse strings I would go for something modern, larger but still a sporty roadster of some kind...I'm a bit of a tom boy!
I still have mostly male interests.
Go with the flow
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

OMG Anne! I had a Triumph Spitfire back in the early 70's back when I was trying to fake being a male. I loved that car, that is when it ran right and you know what I mean about that!

As for a chick car, well I guess I have both extremes, a cute Mustang convertible and a 4wd Tahoe. Love my Mustang but winters here in northern Michigan dictate a girl has 4 WD.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon