Are you a mainstream girl?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Is most of your CDing done?

In the closet
44%
At support groups or CD clubs?
2%
Mainstream activities such as shopping, being out and about, etc.?
54%

Total votes: 48
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Are you a mainstream girl?

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ah...yes such a difficult thing having entered marriage with our unsuspecting love of your life believing you are just a typical man.... My wife died 7 April after 9 years of Alzheimers under my direct care alone to the bitter end and last breath surrounded by our family - sad. I still feel very badly about not being up front prior to our marriage and will carry that to my grave. I justify it by telling myself I was naive and thought it would just evaporate and go away once I was in a marriage...it doesn't! 7 years into our marriage I finally had to tell her the truth...on balance she loved me because my dressing while distasteful to her was but one aspect of who I am as a whole person...so we continued on.

You must tell her the truth and clear the air, stop covering it up it is a huge trust issue and it will not go away what happens will be an enormous question mark and it will be scary...it will take a long time for her to process and it will not be a pleasant thing to endure but if she loves you and values all of who you are then this being a part of the whole it may work out in the end but you have to give her the choice and be honest. Can't live a lie it's just not right.
Go with the flow
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

I'm mainstream in that I only dress to go out in the real world, to be seen as a real woman doing normal things. But I'm closeted in the sense that nobody I know is aware that I'm a CD.
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

While I do attend a support group the bulk of my activities are mainstream and I love them. Been ma-am'ed many times and for the past several years I have been working on perfecting the sexy soccer mom look. I even drive a mid sized SUV, just like other soccer moms do.
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

I love the "sexy soccer mom" look. It's my go-to style because it works for so many real-world activities. My interpretation is usually leggings or skinny jeans, riding boots, a sweater, and a blazer or vest (fur or denim).
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

I was somewhat closeted until I was 25, however my mother had caught me dressed early on, but my father was gone so it was just her and me. She didn't encourage my dressing but didn't try to stop it either and in some ways helped. When I stepped out the door at 25 that was it. No turning back so now I consider myself mainstream and somewhat of a club girl. My job where I work is being eliminated in the next year so I am planning on transitioning to a full time girl. I have a great life as a woman and mundane boring life as a man. Why not go all the way and for that I do have the support of my mother. YES, I'm a mainstream girl and love it.
JodiYardley

Post by JodiYardley »

Good for you honey! =D>