The reverse side of coping.

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

BettyAnn

The reverse side of coping.

Post by BettyAnn »

I have no issues whatsoever when I dress. No guilt, no stress. I LOVE being BettyAnn. Its when I have to be a boy I have coping issues. I hate every second when that skinny, boring guy is looking at me in the mirror. As I have posted here before, a few months ago I learned my job is being eliminated, but with a generous severance package. My boss told me Friday I would be the next to go and probably soon. THEN, it's time for BettyAnn. The HRT has worked wonders. I have a nice fem voice and that girl in the mirror is pretty and confident.

I was about 15 when I consciously made the decision that I was going to be a full time girl. I considered myself transgender and felt totally good about my female self after that moment.

I feel very badly for the wonderful Ladies here that have the desire to dress, but because of one reason or other, dressing is so stressful, but they still need to do it. Been there done that. Right now my girl time is all weekend and I enjoy every second. Although I called in sick this morning for just another Betty day. WooHoo. For the Ladies here that your girl time is only a hour or two, maybe a day, ENJOY EVERY SECOND!!! Let the stress go and have some girl fun.

My short time here as a member has been great and I learn something new every time I log in. I am facing a huge, but wonderful, change in my life very soon, I hope, and I'll need all the friends and advice I can get.

Hang in there Ladies, Spring is right around the corner. Get those pretty summer outfits ready to go !!!
CathyAnn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: The reverse side of coping.

Post by CathyAnn »

Hi Betty Ann.

Hrt has been very good to you. You look great! Enjoy being the woman you've wanted to be. Looking forward to see how you continue to evolve to your true womanly self.

Cathy Ann
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

BettyAnn, not sure if I should say "sorry for the coming job loss" or "congrats on the coming job loss" as it sounds like it may be a good transition point for you in life. Where ever life leads you I look forward to hearing about it. I hope you have some possible job opportunities in the wings.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Hello Ladies.

For Kathy Ann, YES the HRT has treated me quite well and not a full strength. I have been under a doctor supervision since I first started. She knows that I'm planning to transition to a full time girl in the near future and will adjust the dosage up then. SOOO looking forward to the results and the new curves!!! I will certainly post new photos as I go along and have posted a few different ones since I joined. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and your interest.

For Kimberly. The job loss is the blessing I've been waiting for to make the transition. This is my chance!! They've been letting go one or two people a week now with a very generous severance. I'm told to expect the same. I do have the choice to remain in my occupation at another employer as a woman, or look at other things and I'll have plenty of time to work that all out. So many women like us that want to transition keep putting it off until this or that happens and it never does. I'm so excited and I'd be just great if I was let go tomorrow. The dream I've had since I was a teenager is going to happen. Thank you so much Kimberly for your concerns and feedback. MUCH appreciated.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Hi BettyAnn - You do need to know that the future of this forum is unsure:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 69#p193769

I'm sorry to have to do this. But you're talking about putting up pics of yourself as you go along - and it wouldn't do to have the place suddenly disappear on you.

I'm one of those people who is conflicted about my identity as a CD. I think a lot of it's pride. Like my pride won't let go of the idea that I'm "a man" - which would imply that the part of me that's female and comes out in the CDing is just a subsidiary element of me. That is I want my CDing to be a hobby or something like that - only, actually, I don't think I'm "a man", I think I'm someone "in between". It's the difficulty I have landing on that and believing in myself that is the problem.

There are people here who have transitioned - and, generally, this place has been relatively good with helping people do that. Hopefully you can get value out of it even if it evaporates.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Hi BettyAnn
it sounds like congrats are due for the upcoming job loss! That seems like a strange thing to say but I'm really glad it's working out for you. I know what it's like being in a job where you can't wear your own clothes and have to adhere to the company policy. So it must be really exciting that soon you will be free, and it's awesome that you have an opportunity lined up already that you can move into as your real self. I'm so happy for you.

And you're looking great!!
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I will add my congratulations on the impending job loss and the possibilities it offers. One thing I will add here is it is far different in the cold cruel world as a woman than a man regardless of the advances we have made over the years. Auto mechanics still tend to look down on you, there is still the pay inequality to deal with and in some cases certain jobs are restricted to men.

I was fortunate when I made my transition in my employer had a very good policy concerning things and was able to retain my then current position, I have since even received a promotion. Still I had to work hard each and every day to show I was worthy of my position, probably harder than a man would have. Even those who purport to support are prone to casting a doubting eye from time to time. Add to that now you are susceptible to the perils genetic woman face everyday.

In spite of all I have and continue to face as far as the injustices all women are faced with day in and day out I would not go back even if I could, I had my GCS in February 2017. I wish you luck on this next phase of your life journey Betty Ann and pray you find it even more rewarding than I have.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Congratulation BettyAnn for stepping out and following your our desires. I wish you all the best for the future and your transition.
Requal
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

I will mention that when temporary job assignment opportunities suddenly stopped happening, I was a little miffed, since I thought I still had a lot to offer in the IT/database field. But, I took stock of our situation, and decided we'd be OK. I had to take stock again when my wife was caught in a business location closing (after 16 years) and also faced severe age discrimination in the job market, but she still prepares taxes, and is pursuing other activities that might produce income. We will be OK, I think.

Long story short... the stress has evaporated. I'm so lucky to not have to be up at 3:30AM to go to work, and to have to bite my tongue all day long, and to have to argue (for what is best for the company) with nitwits who just want to control and micromanage everything. I can go 72 or 96 hours without wearing pants too, which helps.

Lemonade is not bad, if you put enough sugar in it.

Hugs,

Bernice