Defending feminine men

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Defending feminine men

Post by Anne Bonny »

This is an extract from a wonderful article in defense of feminine men by Lux Alptraum a writer, comedian, and consultant with one thing on her mind. Follow her on Twitter at @luxalptraum. In defense of feminine men - Splinter
https://splinternews.com/in-defense-of- ... 1793862306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have the entire. I am more interested in considering my femininity as a male.

"Defining male femininity can be a bit complex, male femmes can best be thought of as a loose collection of men who display traits historically associated with women. Sometimes those traits are external, like caring about one’s appearance or demonstrating a love of fashion, makeup, and traditionally feminine styles like long hair, skirts, frills, and high heels. Other times they’re internal. Men who are sexually submissive, emotionally attuned to themselves and others, domestic, or more interested in arts and literature than sports and outdoor recreation can all be considered on the femme spectrum. I actually listen to her and take in what she says one femme male says. Feminine traits such as emotional openness and awareness, caring about aesthetics and the arts, and domesticity are positive traits everyone should be encouraged to develop. Empathy, care giving, being emotionally attuned to one’s self and others conflating loving pink and dresses and domesticity with being queer or trans, rather than interests anyone of any identity can enjoy—can force them to suppress a wonderful, and often essential, part of themselves, denying them access to the full spectrum of human experience. There are as many ways to be a man as there are to be a woman."

The defense I took out...we all know what we are confronted with and we all live with and deal with it all in our own way. One thing that I liked was her raising how women considered tomboys are thought about in positive ways, and the term is a positive one...while the term sissy has been cast as a disparaging derogatory jab at feminine males which is thought of as a negative. But I have always rejected that...It is for us to elevate the term sissy as being a positive term and not let the misogynists win. Being a sissy or being feminine and having feminine traits is a very positive thing and men who are or who have many feminine qualities or traits should be thought of positively as well after all women who have such qualities are thought of in a positive way and I hope that eventually people will begin to see that everyone is unique and no one should be condemned because of who they are.

We also make outstanding partners in a loving relationship.         
Go with the flow