"Out" to a high school friend

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

"Out" to a high school friend

Post by Estefania »

After having lost contact for many years, I received an e-mail from Bea. We were in the same class in high school, many moons ago. Back then, I had a crush on her, but I was somehow quickly "friend-zoned", which allowed for us to become very good friends. We were in contact on and off over the years. But I had stopped communicating with them mostly because I knew my wife wasn't very keen on me having a close female friend like her.
Anyway, she e-mailed me out of the blue, basically wanting to get closure, because she didn't understand why I had just disappeared like I did. So, I decided to re-start my friendship with her. And even more, I decided that I would tell her about me. It was hard, because I know that a secret can only truly continue being a secret unless you tell somebody else. But I knew I could trust her.
So after a few e-mails back and forth, I told her that I had something to tell her, but that it was something that could potentially harm my family back in Mexico (She is also there, by the way) if it became public. She reassured me that she was my friend and I could trust her, so I did. And I got her answer with unconditional support, and also telling me that now a few things made more sense about how she had always "felt" about me. How she always thought that I was much more caring and had empathy to a level she had only seen in other females, that I was special in a way she couldn't really explain.
Having her acceptance really makes me happy. It feels nice. I also explained her how "my secret" is something that has always prevented me from making real lasting friendships/relationships with other people, and we both are glad that is out of the way now. We may never meet in person again, but that is not as important as knowing that she is there for me.

Gaby
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: "Out" to a high school friend

Post by Davita »

As I once said on my website home page, "We can tell our closest friends our darkest secrets without worry as they are our closest friends. They have those values as human beings we require. It is because of those values that we know, in fact, it is safe to tell them."
{squeezes}
Davita
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Davita wrote:"We can tell our closest friends our darkest secrets without worry as they are our closest friends. They have those values as human beings we require. It is because of those values that we know, in fact, it is safe to tell them."
How true!

But I still can't come clean to The Wife....
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Wonder news Gaby.

``5

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Back a lifetime ago and way more years than I want to admit to a gawky confused college freshman somehow got paired off with a sweet, vibrant, attractive coed in a study group. It was truly the odd couple. In spite of being complete opposites those two became friends and those two are me of long ago way before my surgery and my BFF Beth.

Beth was the first one I openly told of my "hobby" as I thought of it back then. The first one I told I was truly different. She was there with me when I had my surgery. I was her Maid of Honor and she reciprocated by being mine at both of my weddings. I am godmother to her daughter. It was her and her cousin another dear friend who arranged the blind date where I met my 1st husband. She was the first one I told when my 1st husband proposed to me. She was one of the first at my side when both my husbands passed away and the one still there long after all others had left.

The night before I married my 1st husband I made him leave so he wouldn't see me in my dress. Beth spent the night with me to try to keep me at least somewhat sane. I remember opening a bottle of wine and we talked about the past, both hers and mine. Yes there were plenty of good times but we had both had dark moments in there but the one constant was whatever it was or who it was happening to we were there for each other. I remember joking we had been through more together than some small countries have but added there is no one I would have rather been through all of it with than her. Her husband and my 2nd husband once told us they truly didn't understand the relationship we had but the best word they come up for it was symbiotic.

Don't know about the rest of you but there a lot of people I consider a friend. Obviously I am closer to some than others but there is only one person I call my best friend, Beth! I have for more years than I want to count and pray I do for many more. I thank God everyday for her and being there for me as many times as she has.

A friend is something to appreciate and enjoy, a true friend something to cherish. Gaby sounds like you have found a true friend and perhaps a best friend.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

That's heart-warming, Gabriela. And also a nice post, Diana.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Thank you all. She is a good friend, always has been. And now without "that secret" in between, I hope we will continue being great and even best friends. :)
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yes! As my wife's mind was disappearing into Alzheimer's, I did the same with one of my wife's cousins half my age and married with children because I picked up that she had an edgy difference about her in our communications. That was maybe as far back as 8 years ago and we have shared all of our souls and laid everything bare. It is as if there is no difference in our ages and we are friends. I have taken her sailing and we have been to each other's home, we even did a day trip to the beach together. She told me the same thing you have said that she picked up inside of me something she only sees in other women...but that I am not competitive or catty as the women around her are and she really likes that about me. This is not a sexual relationship...she has a beautiful family with her husband and children, but we share a close friendship. I am so glad to have such a friendship with a woman...we really are girlfriends.
Go with the flow
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Anne,

I’m really glad you fiund a real friend in her. In my case I don’t have a clue on when or even if we will meet again in person, but knowing she accepts fully is just enough for me.

Gaby
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

We use Facebook Messenger. This even works for my youngest son who is in Japan. It might be a way of opening a channel.
Go with the flow
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Posted this elsewhere here but it seems appropriate here.

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "Damn the was fun!"

Hope that friend who bails you out Gaby also posts Bea's bail too
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt