Who am I?

How are you dealing with or handling this aspect of your life?

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Who am I?

Post by Davita »

I got caught off guard today which actually surprised myself. As often as I have been going to doctors lately, I'm answering the gender question online for pre-checkins etc. every time I turn around. Today was my eval to begin physical therapy and I was asked by the PT guru what do I want to be called. I actually fumbled; I haven't been asked that question in quite awhile. With my medical cr**p, I don't really fight the gender question since they might actually need to know my sex one day in case of an emergency. I haven't been dressed for my doctors in awhile either so there is no real hint about who exactly I am. Silly me skipped the whole discussion and went with her choice of my boy names.

Now I feel the goof I made. Oh the fun of coming out... I don't see her tomorrow, but I'll have time to get this all straightened out.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Who am I?

Post by Diana Michelle »

Who are you? Whoever you want to be!

Considering all the negativity the TG community has been getting recently from certain politicians, factions, and religions it is refreshing to see there are accepting even welcoming individuals out there. I understand that the majority of Americans are in reality at the very least tolerant of the entire LGBTQ community, last survey I saw put that at 61% but lately it is the haters that are getting the press.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon