My 1st fitting at Debenhams (UK)

Tell us about the things you like to do, and what you do, when you go out en femme. All other topics will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

My 1st fitting at Debenhams (UK)

Post by Kittie »

It was all so easy. I called in at the local lingerie Dept & an appointment was arranged. I was told to wear a bra for it. I was taken to a quiet changimg room not in the lingeie Dept. and the girl measured me and then brought several sampoles for me to try on. She decided I was 42B and I ordered 2 bras which were delivered about 2 weeks later. There was no fuss about it and I would go there again. My size is now 44B and sadly it is not a size they keep in stock. I have brought bras at M&S with panties and skirts as well. I felt happier after being properly measured
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I wonder why it would take 2 weeks or delivery?
DonnaT
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

DonnaT wrote:I wonder why it would take 2 weeks or delivery?
They don't keep b ig sizes in stock
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

I am lucky, I take standard women's sizes in everything.

34DD bra - UK size 14 skirts UK size 8 shoes.

My sympathy to all my larger sisters here
Susan

I know some things.
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

Hi Kittie. I noted your chest size had changed. Just a note to tell you about one of the tips TS folks have learned. Because born biological males have lots of testosterone, ribcage and therfore bra band size is often larger than a woman's of equal height and weight. This can result in hormone induced breasts sitting more to the side rather than toward the middle of each side of the chest, and make the distribution look strange even with a well sized bra. Nothing like taking your bra off and see the nipples apparently trying to peek under your pits!!

Breast augmentation can alleviate that problem for TS patients, through careful selection of the prostesis and a good surgeon, but for preop and CDs using forms, it often is possible to provide a better positioning and proportional placement of forms to use a bra a size smaller than your chest measure, but with an extender at the clasp.

So your size 42B bras with an extender clasp to fit your size 44 chest should give you a better positioning for your forms and help form any cleavage your natural skin and muscle may be capable of.

The best fit for a bra is obtained if you don't have body fat in great excess, and then anything up to a size 40 band size fits pretty well. Over size 40 is when the chest size differences start coming into effect.

Hope you find this useful.
Carolynn
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born