longline bras

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

longline bras

Post by Janet Bern »

I am looking for an extra long long line bra.. Seems like they are all made for women. lol I am tall and need one that is about 2 inches longer then the long ones. Janet 40B
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Hi Janet

I am not sure this will help you but it may so I will put my ore in

Triumph do a longline Doreen bra with a lower waist. Its available here. Let me know if you have a problem getting one.

Best wishes

Susan
Susan

I know some things.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Have you thought about a corset? You can get them custom made. The other choice may be something from the more robust ladies' shops such as Avenue, Lane Bryant or Ashley Steward. I'm just not sure how small their things run. They do tend to be a better fit for me including some of the lingerie. I'm 5' 11". Lastly, there is always Google.

Good luck with the hunt.
{squeezes}
Davita
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Janet

Here is the bra I mentioned, I hope it is what you had in mind.

http://www.woods-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/t ... /index.htm

Woods do ship to the USA

Best wishes
Susan

I know some things.
Ms. Darla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Ms. Darla »

How comfortable are the long line bras? Never had one but now that I see one really want to try one.

I found this one and fell in love with it. Must be on a quest to try ALL things feminine.

http://www.herroom.com/Va-Bien-513-Full ... -Bra.shtml :shock:

Here are two 3/4 length ones maybe what you are looking for?

http://www.herroom.com/longline,3-4-len ... 01,25.html

Good luck Sweetie, I know it can be even harder for us to find the essentials than the GG!
Trying to get through life without breaking a heal.
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

long line

Post by Janet Bern »

Darla
The long line full length seems like the closest one yet. Just wondering about the straps and the cups holding in the breastforms. Most of the bras full size are fit me like a 3/4 because I am sooo tall.
Thanks for the help
Janet
Any more suggestions?
Bobbie Roberts
Miss Silver Goddess

In responce to the quirie about longline bras

Post by Bobbie Roberts »

Ladies,

Hopefully this thread is not closed. Being a tall person (6' - 3" without heels), I am constantly searching for the longline bra that will fit, take care of my muffin top issues and, most importantly, be comfortable for all day wear.

I have tried the following long line bras with good results:

Elilia # 5714 front closing in 48C cup - the results are fantastic. tight at first but very controlling and very comfortable. i have worn this bra on one occasion for almost 16 hours with absolutely no regrets
Goddess Keira in 48B cup - results are also fantastic this bra has 3 rows of hooks and eyes so i can always find the best setting (usually the tightest) it presents me in a slightly more rounded fashion. i found that i prefer the B cup in this style using C cup forms - i project more and have a little juggle when i walk.
Goddess # 1304 - the original full figure longline. This is a great bra, unfortunately, it has been discontinued by Goddess. Depending on size it is still available from some suppliers. Venus of Cortland has, i believe, taken over the manufacturing of this style, although i have not tried it yet.
Venus of Cortland - # 9603 - this is a good everyday bra. it is very comfortable and controlling, but not as much as either of the other styles. the cups are supportive but will hold my 48C forms with out slipping. i do tend to bounce a little when wearing this bra.
Exquisite Form # 5730 - this is a good special occasion bra...it is a retro style, having cotton cups. these cups cause me to be REALLY pointy, which when worn with a clingy sweater, is a great effect (but you have to watch so you won't put someone's eye out. I will wear this bra with my 48C forms with a pointy nipple to highlight the effect. Overall the bra is controlling and comfortable.
Goddess # 689 - underwire strapless (with alternate straps) this bra is great for formal occasions. it is very controlling but comfortable. i usually will wear it with my 48C forms in complete confidence that they will not slip. depending on one's dexterity, sometimes help is needed to put it on....but it’s worth it.
Goddess # 710 - Unfortunately a discontinued style, but a great bra. it really holds me in but allows freedom of movement and is comfortable for all day wear. You will definitely need help putting this bra on. garters are optional...no straps are available. i wear this bra with my 48C forms with the special nipples to make me really stand out.

Because of a muffin top issue, i always will wear a long line bra. I have found, at least for me that a high waist girdle when worn with any of the bras noted above, provide me with a smooth, slim and firm bust to thigh appearance. My own preference is a high waist long leg panty girdle, although, i do wear open bottom girdles also. I have a Rago # 1294 OBG when worn with the Goddess # 689 bra is a "killer" combination for a pencil skirt blouse outfit. I have also worn the Custom Maid # 612 girdle with the exquisite form long line bra with a sheath dress and 4" stiletto heels for a show stopping presentation.

I do not own a corset...yet. I am told that i should try one as the results can be spectacular, when worn with the correct bra, forms and maybe a girdle.

Anyway, these are my thoughts…..anyone else?

Bobbie R
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Long line bra

Post by Janet Bern »

I cant thank you enough for all the information you gave me on the longline bra. Still looking
Janet