My nephew

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: My nephew

Post by DonnaT »

Just how long has Reese desired to crossdress?

Is he aware that it can be a life long adventure, with many pitfalls along the path?

Does he know that, unlike most of your family, CDing is frowned upon by many?

Does he know that when he gets older, marrying age, that he should be prepared to tell his significant other about this, and be prepared for rejection as well?

Please make sure he is aware of all this, before he decides to continue.
DonnaT
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

DonnaT wrote:Just how long has Reese desired to crossdress?

Is he aware that it can be a life long adventure, with many pitfalls along the path?

Does he know that, unlike most of your family, CDing is frowned upon by many?

Does he know that when he gets older, marrying age, that he should be prepared to tell his significant other about this, and be prepared for rejection as well?

Please make sure he is aware of all this, before he decides to continue.
Yes!

Please take Donna's suggestions seriously. A CD life so much more than the thrill and the excitement. We all really do know this, but the NRE and Pink Fog can overcome simple caution and good sense.

This may be his equivalent of coming of age, a bar/bas mitzvah, so it's important. Your job as Godmother is to offer a warm but sane and balanced counter to his father's traditional biases, his mother's complete acceptance, and his own fears and delights.

My heartfelt best wishes for you both.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

As much as I like doing it myself, I really agree that caution is needed. I'm lucky that my parents don't really care about it. I guess my dad figured it out decades ago, when I was in my early teens and before I even understood it. Some of my family (brother in particular) absolutely detest it, others are mildly annoyed, and some plain don't care.
But if the boy's father is so opposed to it, this is going to cause him a lot of anguish. A 13 year old boy cannot totally disregard the opinion of his dad without there being a major emotional rift between them. And that will be really bad for them both.
We can say all day long that his dad should just accept him the way he is, but saying it doesn't make it happen. And he has to deal with what is, and not what we wish it were.
And his mother should be smarter than that. I don't agree with the opinion of his father, I think he's being narrowminded and prejudicial, but going behind his back while he is at work is NOT the way to handle this situation. This is just asking for big trouble.
And his father is absolutely correct about a couple of points: boys don't normally wear dresses; most of his peers will call him a freak; he will be laughed at, teased, and humiliated. Everyone of us here has gone through that. I would not just ignore his father and pretend none of this is going to happen. If he grows up to decide that this will be his lifestyle, he will need all the support of his father he can get, now is not the time to alienate him.