Love Leggings?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Nicole Rose
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Love Leggings?

Post by Nicole Rose »

Hi all, leggings worn accordingly, with a skirt, long sweater, cardigan, short dress can look fantastic, Eileen , your missing the point lexi made, I don't think she said leggings by themselves, but worn accordingly with proper attire!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE with lexi, our Canadian maiden, any clothes should be worn with proper and elegant appearance, great topic girls , ty you lexi, (--)
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Of course I missed the point, Nicole. I stopped wearing anything thicker than nylons in the 1960's.
I do see young ladies wear yoga pants, tights, leggings so tight, it's embarrassing. Or it should be.

The outfit you describe does look great, on younger ladies.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Nicole Rose
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Nicole Rose »

Hi Eileen, I agree with you , everything looks better on younger ladies, if worn properly, the leggings, skirt, nice sweater or cardigan can flatter any womans figure. That said, it has to be worn with style and respect, too many young girls today dress so sloppy, butt crack-low rise jeans, bra straps and breasts nearly falling out, seems they don't care or looking for attention. I wouldn't wear leggings by themselves as a lot of women shouldn't also, but if you wear a nice skirt over top, boots, sweater, it can have a great look for women of all ages, this is 2016!!! Missing you in chat Eileen, congrats on becoming a moderator, your mods and silver lady do such a great job here, we appreciate you a lot. I am addicted to clothes and shopping, and I luv it, so its just nice to try different combinations to mix and match, even if I only wear some at home, great input on this subject girls :) , wow you look fantastic in your avartar pic lexi, ;) nicole
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Nicole Rose wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE with lexi, our Canadian maiden, any clothes should be worn with proper and elegant appearance, great topic girls , ty you lexi, (--)
Thanks so much, Nicole! :) Yes, of course I meant that leggings should be worn appropriately with the right combination (tunic, long sweater, skirt) - didn't mean to confuse anyone! :lol: :P
Nicole Rose wrote:wow you look fantastic in your avartar pic lexi
Thanks again, Nicole... but that is not me. ;) Its actually a work by digital artist Natalie Shau. She mostly does a lot of dark art with a touch of class and femininity - this is one of my faves! If you send her a photo, she will do a custom print! I have been seriously thinking of doing just that!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Nicole Rose wrote:Hi Eileen, I agree with you , everything looks better on younger ladies
I beg to differ. Elizabeth Taylor was a more stunning woman as a mature lady than in her youth. I couldn't imagine her in tights or whatever.
I don't want my disagreement to seem like disapproval. Leggings or tights are just not my style. If I were 30 years younger, I might like leggings, in the cooler months. Maybe.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Wow... such a heated debate. I'm of the opinion that if it makes you feel good/sexy/whatever go for it! That said, there is no accounting for bad taste but that is in the eyes of the beholder.

This is the Halloween costume that I had picked out but was too late in pulling the trigger... http://www.tipsyelves.com/leopard-leggings

Oh well... may be next year!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Alisa wrote:Wow... such a heated debate.
Isn't it!?!?! :P

Fun leggings, BTW, Alisa! Next year for sure! Meow! :)
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Giggle... cute costume right Lexi!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Those leggings are cute and if I were 30 years younger I might even consider a pair. They are fun and could make an adorable costume as be a fun outfit for the night at the bar. Afraid at my age people would point and snicker under their breath "trailer park trash."

As for Elizabeth Taylor being as stunning mature as she was in her youth, bravo Eileen! =D> She epitomized femininity for many years as did another I looked up to, the late Princess Grace (Grace Kelly).
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Girl, No one will "snicker under their breath" as long as you can rock the outfit. OMG gf..."trailer park trash." realy? Just saying... Us girls wear very well. Just about 20+ years younger than GG's. I'm saying we need to push the envelope on epitomizing femininity and may be we can bust through!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

!!!yes!!!

We girls can totally rock any outfit - yes, leggings too no matter what age! Just pair it up with the right top, a pair of boots and voila! A look that can work lounging on the weekend, out on the town or even for that professional look at the office.

That's the best part... such a versatile clothing choice with so many possibilities!!! :) :) :)
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

I've tended to be strictly a skirts girl but over the last few months I've been going out dressed increasingly often and after hearing predictions of a cold winter I thought a pair of leggings might find a place in my wardrobe. So, I got myself a pair of grey jersey leggings and a black tunic, just nicely in time as it turned out as we've had a cold snap in this part of the world for the last few days. The tunic is just long enough and I found the leggings are very comfortable - far more so than any jeans I've ever worn. That was on Tuesday night, and last night I tried them with my denim skirt. That was a wonderfully warm combination, along with a nice pair of ankle socks, and both outfits felt as feminine as any I've worn. I will always love wearing skirts and dresses but, yes, I think I will soon learn to love my leggings too.
Penny
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Penelope Carol wrote:I found the leggings are very comfortable - far more so than any jeans I've ever worn.
I know, right???

I too am sure you will love leggings, Penelope! :mrgreen: So many styles to choose from and so versatile!
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

You'll find the warning "Leggings are not pants" on numerous web sites, and it should be taken seriously. I like leggings, but only when the butt and crotch are completely covered. Otherwise, they look tacky and give the impression that the wearer put on tights but forget her skirt!

Some women wear leggings nicely with a long, untucked shirt, where the shirttails cover the front and back. Or they wear them with a jacket/blazer long enough to cover the hips. I like that look - reminds me of English riding clothes - but my torso is too long for it to work on me.

My favorite way to wear leggings is with a very short skirt - one that's too short to wear safely with panties and hose. I have a tiered denim mini that I love, but it's really short, barely covering my butt. With leggings, it looks fantastic and I don't have to worry about unwanted exposure on stairs or when bending over. Because of my long torso, my legs are a little on the short side relative to my height, so I need to show every inch of them that I can.

In fact, just today I went shopping in that skirt with black leggings, shiny black knee-high boots with silver buckles at the top, a black turtleneck and a denim vest that matched the skirt. I feel very sexy in that outfit! And it's gotten several compliments.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Linda S wrote:You'll find the warning "Leggings are not pants" on numerous web sites, and it should be taken seriously.

In fact, just today I went shopping in that skirt with black leggings, shiny black knee-high boots with silver buckles at the top, a black turtleneck and a denim vest that matched the skirt. I feel very sexy in that outfit! And it's gotten several compliments.
And some sites will claim that leggings are pants, LOL! They claim that these leggings are thicker, are suitable for work, etc... and I would agree. They look and feel more like a pant than tights.

Having said that, I still believe that an appropriate top should be worn. During my last outing, I wore my black leggings, winter boots with a juniper tunic. I find that tunics are the perfect compliment to a nice pair of leggings! :mrgreen: